I had a problem upgrading an HP P6230IT ( vs212aa-vz ) Bios.
I downloaded the latest release 5.13 from the HP official page and installed using its utility. Seemed gone well but at the machine reboot appeared an error message about loading bios and checksum. I tried to solve removing the battery, loading the default configuration and invoking some saints, but at every reboot the bios reset itself. It’s the only release available.
Checking online i found some good tips but incomplete, i’ll summarize here.
- The machine motherboard is a MS-7613 Indo V1
- Inside the HP zip package there are two bios files. You have to use the ind2M.513
- Rename that file rom.bios
- Download from here the Afudos.exe
- Download the HP USB disk format tool from here
- Download the dos boot files to use with the HP tool from here
- Create a boot usb flash drive with the HP tool and dos boot.
- Put inside the drive you created the Afudos and the bios.rom file.
- Boot the machine with that drive.
- In prompt write afudos bios.rom /P /B /N /C /E /K
It removes all HP’s bios customizations, like the fancy HP boot screen image, but who cares! The pc works fine.